Whether you spend your days handling tasks at work or home, your day time might seem like a blur of hustle and bustle. The secret to making the most out of your daylight hours might just be in your nighttime routine.
By the time night falls, you deserve a soothing routine to help you reset, recharge and refocus on mind and body wellness. With a nourishing night routine in place, you may discover renewed energy and strength to take on the day’s challenges.
And all of that starts right here, with Zebra CBD’s guide to a healthy night routine. This list will include:
- essentials to incorporate into your evening routine.
- focused night routine ideas for your wellness goals.
- a few tips and tricks from Zebra CBD, your partners in wellness.
First, the Essentials
Whether you’re looking to add more self-care or mental wellness to your evenings, it always helps to build your night routine around the essentials. Here are just a few ideas for crafting a productive framework for your nightly rituals:
Your To-Do List For Tonight (and Tomorrow)
Your night routine shouldn’t just help you feel your best when the sun is down. Take advantage of your time in the evening to prepare for the next day. Once your must-do’s for tomorrow are done, you might find it easier to focus on the joys of your evening routine.
Here are a few boxes to check off during your nighttime ritual:
- Set your alarm. If you’re the type of person who wonders whether they’ve left the oven on after leaving the house, you know the value of being sure you’ve done something. Don’t save setting your alarm for the last minute; instead, make that to-do item one of the first on your list once the sun goes down.
- Make your lunch. Mornings can be hectic, and you may carry that stress with you from dawn to well past dusk. Help create more breathing room in your day by making your lunch the night before. According to experts, preparing meals ahead of time can help you eat healthier, save money and even help reduce tension.
- Lay out your clothes for the next day. Reducing the number of decisions you have to make in the morning can help set you up for a successful 24 hours. When your time is limited in the mornings, simple decisions like choosing your clothing ensemble can sap your energy and leave you feeling frustrated. Instead, try laying out your clothes the night before to help free up mental space and save energy throughout the day.
Set Yourself Up For Sleep Success
Your night routine is a prelude to the symphony of restorative sleep. A few tweaks to your nighttime activities can help set you up for sleep worthy of a standing ovation.
- Turn off the tech. Studies have shown that screen time too close to bedtime can severely decrease the quality (and quantity) of your sleep, and can even lead to chronic sleep problems. Try setting two alarms, one for your targeted bedtime and another letting you know it’s time to power down your screens.
- Monitor caffeine. Your afternoon pick-me-up latte can help you push through those post-lunch lulls, but it may also have an impact on your ability to fall asleep. . Try cutting off caffeine at around 2 pm to ensure it’s mostly out of your system by bedtime. This will help you get restful sleep while also normalizing your sleep routine.
- Try Zebra CBD Sleep Support Tablets. Sometimes, falling asleep is the most difficult task of the day. If counting sheep hasn’t done the trick, you can help boost your body’s natural sleep processes with Zebra CBD Sleep Support Tablets. Our tablets work in concert with the body’s endocannabinoid system, which oversees the majority of our physiological functions, including sleep. Blended with botanical sleep helpers like chamomile and valerian root, Zebra CBD Sleep Support Tablets are designed for your best sleep ever (no sheep necessary).
Night Routine List For a Little More Self-Care
Just like eating well and exercising, self-care is a key part of wellness. With a little planning, you can make time for your favorite self-care rituals at night.
- Create an evening skincareroutine. Your skin is your largest organ. It protects your body from pollutants and keeps you together (literally). Take a moment to show some appreciation for your skin with a skincare routine. Nighttime is ideal for skincare treatments because the hours you spend asleep are spent away from damaging UV rays, pollutants, and run-of-the-mill contaminants. If you need ideas on how to start, check out our article on skin care.
- Take an aromatic bath. Sinking into a warm bath can feel like an indulgence, and — with the added boost of aromatherapy — it may help restore your mind and relax your body. Certain studies may have discovered a connection between aromatherapy and improved sleep as well as reduced anxious thoughts and feelings. Just add a few drops of essential oil like lavender or eucalyptus oil into running bath water for a little dose of pampering.
- Combine moisturization with relaxation. The spirit of self-care is all about helping yourself feel your best from the inside out. A self-care ritual can be as elaborate as an at-home spa night, or as simple as massaging nourishing lotion into your skin. Enter Zebra CBD Moisturizing Cream. It’s self-care in a bottle — or rather, a handy jar. Imbued with premium hemp-derived CBD, this cream is designed to help uplift your spirits, encourage relaxation and bring your body into balance. Skin-loving ingredients like jojoba oil and avocado oil help lock in hydration and rejuvenate your skin, making this cream a perfect addition to your nighttime skincare routine.
Night Routine Ideas For Mind and Body Wellness
The evening is a wonderful time to help nurture your mind and body. If you’re looking to add a little physical wellness to your day, or make space in your schedule for some mental wellness, here are some ideas to keep your mind and body in balance once the sun goes down.
For Physical Wellness...
Making time for your physical well-being can be a mental workout in and of itself. Try these simple ideas to help build physical wellness into your nightly routine.
- Drink water. The end of the night is your last chance to drink enough water for the day. Water is essential to life: It helps protect our organs and keep them functioning, keeps our skin healthy, and even supports brain functions like memory and mood. Mayo Clinic recommends adult women drink at least 11.5 cups of water a day and men 15.5 cups. If you have difficulty downing enough water during the day, try adding lemon juice, cucumber, or sliced strawberries to form a nourishing end-of-the-night mocktail. This is best served over ice in your favorite glass a few hours before bed.
- Yoga wind-down. The perfect example of an evening ritual that brings both mind and body wellness together, yoga has been shown to improve balance, flexibility, and strength. Researchers have also connected regular yoga practice to better sleep quality and decreased cortisol levels. (Cortisol is the body’s primary stress hormone). Start slow with a wind-down yoga video and build from there.
- Evening workout – Putting off your workout until later offers unique benefits for your physical health. Studies indicate that exercising after dinner can help with digestion, improve sleep quality and help you gain muscle tone faster. Try your normal workout routine — or a new one you’ve been meaning to try — 30 minutes after dinner. Add a dab of CBD wellness to your evening workout with Zebra CBD Balm. This balm is uniquely formulated from restorative organic hemp extract, revitalizing eucalyptus and nourishing coconut oil to help melt away post-workout soreness so you can enjoy every moment of your evening ache-free.
For Mental Wellness...
Just as your body needs love and support to feel its best, your mind has its own set of wellness needs. Taking a moment of your evening to care for your mental wellness can reap innumerable benefits. Try these ideas to get you started on the path to mental wellness:
- Music – Psychology Today reports that listening to music at night can help ease stress, reduce worrying thoughts and improve your mood.
- Journaling – After a day of ups and downs, journaling can help you release tension, improve your outlook and even improve your memory.
- Mindful meditation – Multiple studies have shown that meditation can help diminish anxious thoughts and promote a more positive outlook on life. Need a little help getting in that zen state of mind? Try Zebra CBD Hemp Oil. All-natural CBD oil helps you find clarity and calm so you can stay in the moment and experience all the benefits of mindful meditation.
Your Best Nights Start With Zebra CBD
Creating a healthy night routine can make all the difference in the quality of your waking (and sleeping) hours. Taking time to focus on wellness can only lead to good things down the road. And when it comes to wellness, there’s no better partner than Zebra CBD. All our CBD products are formulated from the highest quality American-grown organic hemp to help you live your best of life at all hours. Get started today with Zebra CBD!