Celebrity endorsements are a powerful thing. They boost the awareness and enhance the credibility of a brand almost instantly, which usually leads to a significant increase in sales.
Case in point: The George Foreman grill has sold more than 100 million units. Foreman decided to endorse the grill after his wife cooked a burger on it for him. He liked the way the grill drained the grease away from the burger and how delicious it tasted. It became one of the most successful endorsement deals of all time.
...since 2018, the Professional Golf Association has given the green light for CBD to be used by professional golfers on the PGA tour.
But while I can mention George Foreman’s name in connection with the grill bearing his name, I can’t quote a professional golfer talking about the benefits of taking CBD, because the implication is that he or she may be falsely perceived as endorsing one or more of the products for sale on this website.
I understand why, of course. But it’s unfortunate, because — if you love to golf and are looking for something to elevate your game — having a golfer you respect endorse something that works for them serves as a powerful testimonial. And although I can’t name names, I can tell you that since 2018, the Professional Golf Association has given the green light for CBD to be used by professional golfers on the PGA tour.
Let’s look at why so many professional (and amateur) golfers are turning to CBD to enhance their game…
Golf is an excellent way for people (especially seniors) to get exercise. However, because a golf swing involves one’s entire body, injuries can occur. A study by the British Journal of Sports Medicine found that 16 to 41 percent of amateur golfers suffer injuries each year, and 25 to 68 percent suffer injuries over a lifetime. The incidences of injury for professional golfers ranges from 30 to 90 percent, both annually and during their lifetime. The study revealed that most golf-related injuries are to the lower back (15 to 34 percent), elbow (7 to 27 percent) and shoulder (4 to 19 percent). Wrist injuries also occur. (Other injuries mentioned were being struck in the head by a golf ball or club head and golf cart-related injuries.) Older amateur golfers are especially susceptible to these injuries because of poor golfing technique, plus our bodies are more susceptible to inflammation as we get older.
Professional golfers who are CBD advocates have said they take CBD to extend the years they can play the game professionally — plus it’s a way to maximize pain relief, boost overall performance, improve recovery, contribute to more restful sleep and reduce jitters.
“Reducing the jitters” is also a benefit for amateur golfers, which might seem counterintuitive as golf is a way to free yourself temporarily from the general stress that comes with various aspects of everyday life. But playing golf can be stressful. Unlike a team sport, golf is an individual game in which the spotlight is always on you when you’re up. Depending upon how seriously you take the game, having other people watch you shoot (and draw conclusions about your game after each shot) can be unnerving.
Here are three reasons CBD has been gaining popularity among golfers, both professional and amateur. CBD has…
1. Imparts a Calming Effect
Studies have shown that CBD may help you feel more relaxed and calmer. What makes some CBD products so effective is that, besides the CBD, there are other ingredients mixed into the blend that increase the product’s overall effectiveness. For example, in addition to 25 mg of premium CBD oil in each tablet, our Mood & Calm CBD tablets include the following natural ingredients renowned for their calming effect:
- Lemon Balm – Lemon balm has traditionally been used around the world to relieve stress, promote relaxation and boost cognitive function. A 2014 study published by the U.S. National Library of Medicine concluded that “Lemon balm delivered in foodstuffs can have positive behavioral effects which may be used in applied health settings.”
- St. John's Wort – St. John’s Wort is an herbal remedy that has been used for thousands of years for improving mood.
- Passionflower – According to WebMD, “some research shows that taking passionflower by mouth can reduce symptoms of anxiety. In fact, it might work as effectively as some prescription medications.”
2. Relieves Aches and Pains
CBD has been heralded as a natural inflammation suppressor that may reduce any soreness, aches or irritation you experience after a round of golf. In addition to 25 mg of premium CBD oil in each tablet, our Joint & Muscle Tablets include the following natural ingredients:
- Astaxanthin – Natural astaxanthin is the most powerful antioxidant known to science. It is 550 times more effective as an antioxidant than Vitamin E and nearly 6,000 times stronger than Vitamin C, one of the most important vitamins when it comes to boosting the immune system. It also supports muscle strength and endurance.
- Boswellia Extract – Boswellia, a natural anti-inflammatory derived from the resin of the Boswellia serrata tree, helps reduce joint swelling, increase mobility and alleviate morning stiffness.
- Vitamin D – Known to boost muscle vitality and help eradicate ongoing joint discomfort, Vitamin D also helps maintain proper bone structure.
- Turmeric Extract – Thisn anti-inflammatory extract is commonly used to help resolve bone and joint discomfort.
- Ginger Root Extract – Ginger has powerful anti-inflammatory properties that, among other things, help reduce joint pain and post-workout fatigue.
3. Improves Energy and Focus
More study is needed, but research does indicate that CBD may help improve your energy level and your ability to concentrate, which can’t help but give your golf game a boost. Our CBD Energy Shots, besides 30 mg of premium CBD oil in each shot, contain the following natural ingredients:
- Vitamin B3 – Also known as niacin, Vitamin B3 aids the enzymes that help convert food into energy. It also plays a role in cell signaling (cell-to-cell communication) and DNA repair.
- Vitamin B6 – Vitamin B6, also known as pyridoxine, helps the body use and store energy from protein and carbohydrates. It contributes to a healthy immune system and red blood cell creation. (Red blood cells contain hemoglobin, which helps carry oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body and return carbon dioxide to the lungs to be exhaled).
- Vitamin B12 – Cyanocobalamin (man-made Vitamin B12) helps maintain nerve function and works with the other B vitamins to provide an energy boost.
- Caffeine anhydrous – This dehydrated form of caffeine is known to enhance cognitive function. Studies have shown that caffeine can improve alertness, attention and concentration. But our shots contain less caffeine than you will get in a cup of coffee.
At Zebra CBD, we pride ourselves on producing the most effective CBD formulas on the market. If you love to golf — depending upon your situation — one (or more) of the above might be just what you need to ease aches and pains and stay cool, calm and collected on the course.