Have you noticed your shoulders are constantly tense? That your jaw feels achy at the end of a long day of clenching your teeth? Has it seemed like weeks, months, or years since you’ve taken a moment to enjoy yourself? If you can relate, then a spa night may be just what the self-care experts ordered.
Use this guide to transform a typical evening into a celebration of pampering and self-love. Be sure to check out some CBD products to add extra relaxation and rejuvenation to your spa night.
Set the Scene
Think of the last time you walked into a salon or a spa. Maybe calming scents of lavender or eucalyptus perfumed the air ... glass lamps cast a soft, warm glow around the room … a water fountain burbled in the background ...
Every inch of a spa facility is designed to make you feel at ease from the moment you enter. But guess what? You can create your own haven for relaxation with just a few tweaks to your home.
First, decide where you’ll be spending your spa evening. Everyone’s living situation is different, so look for a space that’s quiet, private and comfortable. If you live in a house full of family or roommates, you can make your bedroom a haven for replenishment. Or, if you have the place to yourself, you can transform your entire home into your personal oasis.
A spa night helps relax your mind, body, and spirit by engaging all the senses. Create an atmosphere of total surrender with a few thoughtful touches to your spa space. These may include:
- adding candles, essential oil diffusers or incense. Aromatherapy is a popular spa offering that interacts with one of your most powerful senses: smell. Terpenes — the aromatic compounds in plants — can help your mind slow down and relax. Some common scents associated with spa treatments include lavender, chamomile, cedarwood and eucalyptus.
- playing soothing music. Block out the inner stress, noisy neighbors or even the chatter of your family or roommates with soothing sounds. Studies show that calming music can help the body relax. Additionally, soothing music can slow your heart rate, and may even help decrease levels of cortisol, the body’s primary stress hormone. Nature sounds may also foster a tranquil atmosphere. Check your preferred music streaming service for sounds like forest soundscapes, rain, thunderstorms, ocean waves or acoustic instrumentals.
- making tweaks to your decor. Just as Christmas decorations can help imbue a home with the spirit of the holidays, a few adjustments to your spa space can help you immerse yourself in relaxation. Place plants or rose petals, decorative throw rugs and extra pillows around your space for maximum comfort.
- getting comfy. The clothes you wear day to day aren’t necessarily ideal for a night of relaxation. By changing up your wardrobe, you can help tell your body and mind it’s time to kick back and soak up all that spa goodness. Try putting on a soft robe and slippers.
- sipping something soothing. Pamper your taste buds with treats worthy of the most luxurious spa resorts. These may include herbal tea, cucumber or lemon water, a refreshing green juice or smoothie. Just make a drink that quenches your heart’s desire.
Sometimes it can be a struggle to relax enough to be able to enjoy your spa night. Here’s how to get into a spa state of mind before starting any treatments:
- Clean the space before you head out for the day. Research indicates that it’s more difficult to relax in a cluttered space. Wake up early on the day of your spa night and tidy up your space. Then, set the scene so that as soon as you come home, it’ll be like you’re stepping into your own personal spa.
- Take a moment to meditate. Clear your mind so you can focus on the sensations of your spa night. Sit in a comfortable position, turn down the lights and focus on taking deep, nourishing breaths until you’re ready for pampering.
- Try Zebra CBD Mood & Calm Tablets. Our organic, hemp-derived tablets are tiny doses of zen. These chewable tablets are more bioactive than pills — so you can more quickly and fully experience their benefits — and they come fortified with some of Mother Nature’s most therapeutic botanicals, like lemon balm and St. John’s Wort.
Spa treatments help you focus on wellness for the mind by nourishing your body. But you don’t need to pay spa prices to treat yourself to a proper pampering. Following are some ways you can bring your spa home.
Soaks and Steams
Wash away tension and sink into blissful warmth by taking a bath or enjoying a hot steam in your shower incorporating the following:
- eucalyptus steam – Purchase a branch of eucalyptus from your local farmer’s market or natural foods store. Hang a eucalyptus branch over your shower head and run the shower as hot as you like. The steam will help release the branch’s natural botanical oils for your own aromatherapy steam treatment.
- epsom salt and essential oil bath – An epsom salt bath can help stress melt away. Unlike table salt, epsom salt contains sulfate and magnesium, which ease sore muscles. Dissolve 2 cups of epsom salt per gallon of bath water. Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil for another layer of tranquility.
- classic bubble bath – Add your favorite bubble bath, shower gel or body wash to running bath water.
Manicures and Pedicures
Adding a manicure or a pedicure to your spa night is part art, part self-care ritual. Elevate your at-home mani-pedi with a few bonus DIY treatments for extra indulgence, such as:
- a softening honey scrub. Combine a quarter cup of oats, 1 teaspoon of honey and 2 tablespoons of water in a bowl for a softening and hydrating hand scrub that smells wonderful. Dab a few dollops and rub over your hands and feet as if you were lathering with soap. Rinse and then apply your favorite nail polish.
- a hot towel treatment. Recreate your favorite salon’s hot towel service by dampening clean hand towels then microwaving them for 90 seconds (careful, the towels will be extremely hot). Then, wrap the steamy warm towels around your hands, feet or shoulders and feel tension evaporate. Before wrapping yourself up, you can place a few drops of essential oil on your skin, or apply CBD-infused moisturizer from Zebra CBD. Blended with tension-easing safflower oil and rosemary, this formula is packed with powerful rejuvenating antioxidants and hydrating botanicals so you can feel restored from the outside in.
Regardless of how many scented candles or bath salts you may incorporate, no home spa party is complete without a facial mask to get rid of some dull and dry skin. While you soak in an epsom salt bath or wait for your pedicure to dry, why not give your face a healthy dose of nourishment? Try these DIY spa night facials you can whip up with ingredients you probably already have in your pantry:
- For sweet and rejuvenating moisture, blend 2 tablespoons of honey, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. Massage into your skin and leave on for 15 minutes before rinsing.
- For a softening exfoliation, mix 2 tablespoons of brown sugar with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Apply the mask in small, circular motions. Leave on for 10 minutes, then rinse to enjoy soft, smooth skin.
- For a nourished glow, use a blender to incorporate an avocado, 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and 1 tablespoon of honey. Apply to your face for 10 minutes and then rinse off.
Activities For Spa Night Ideas Alone or With Friends
Whether you’re enjoying some “me time” during your home spa experience or looking for spa night ideas with friends, try these activities to truly immerse yourself in relaxation:
- Watch a feel-good movie or TV show. Wind down with a movie that warms your soul, like "The Notebook."
- Try some meditative art. Coloring books aren’t just for kids anymore. Adult coloring books are designed to put you in a state of colorful tranquility. Pull out your colored pencils or acrylic paints, turn on your favorite calming tunes, podcast or audiobook and enjoy.
- Engage in yoga for relaxation. Feel at one with your body and experience mental clarity with a soothing yoga practice. Yoga with Adriene, Body Positive Yoga, Faith Hunter and The Yoga Room are particularly soothing videos to complement your spa evening at home.
Put the ‘Ahh’ Back in ‘Spa’ With Zebra CBD
A spa night is more than just a night of nail polish and bubble baths; it’s a ritual of self-love and gratitude for all the amazing work your body and mind do every day. While you may not be able to plan a spa night every night, you can give yourself a little dose of love and care every day with Zebra CBD.
America’s leader in CBD science and research, Zebra CBD has bottled the restorative benefits of a spa night with organic hemp-based CBD products. Find your escape with Zebra CBD today!