By Adam Biederman
Most people wash their face at least once a day, yet studies show that up to 80% of Americans wash their faces incorrectly. When you take into consideration that skin is the human body’s largest organ, it’s safe to say our skincare routines probably need some TLC.
For instance, water alone doesn’t wash away the dirt and oils on your face, but using the wrong skincare product (or too many) can leave you looking dry and flaky or shiny and full of blemishes (more on this later). To that end, if you’re looking to take better care of your skin, adding skin care to your morning routine (alongside your coffee and meditation, perhaps?) is an effective way to start your journey.
That’s why we’ve built this guide — to highlight the best morning skincare routines you can implement at the start of each day. Looking for topicals such as rubs or CBD cream for sale?We can help you navigate the products best suited for you too!
Skin Types and You
Before we dive into morning skincare regimens, let’s first take a look at the disparity between different skin types.
By understanding what type of skin you have, you can adjust your skincare routine to complement your specific needs. Keep in mind that when you’re trying to improve your skin health, changes don’t happen overnight.
The best results require consistency and a fair amount of trial and error.
Remember, skin care is a process. Trust it.
Dry Skin Type
People who have dry skin don’t retain water or natural oil quite as well as they should. The sebaceous glands (which secrete oil to keep the skin looking hydrated, elastic and healthy) are small and dry, which makes the skin look patchy and dull.
Signs of dry skin include:
- small, almost invisible pores.
- a dull complexion.
- rough, red, inflamed patches.
- itchiness and irritation.
- less elasticity and more apparent lines (despite age).
- cracking, peeling, flaking and scaling.
Tips to Alleviate Dry Skin
If you have dry skin, you have plenty of options at your disposal. But before we explore the best morning skincare routine for your dry skin, consider implementing the following tips into your everyday life:
- Shorten your bathing time, keep frequency to no more than once dOur guide nes, you can further promote skin health, vitality and wellness.
Terpenes and Their Effects
Terpenes are naturally occurring chemical compounds found in plants, flowers, fruits and vegetables, and they’re responsible for all the tastes and smells that come from individual organic matter!
Every class of terpene has a different effect on the body, but the best terpenes to incorporate into your morning skincare routine are:
- Limonene — Found in lemons and oranges, this terpene helps other terpenes absorb into the skin. It’s known for its bright, uplifting properties and leaves the skin feeling fresh and clean. Try adding CBD with a high concentration of limonene into your morning facial cleanser.
- Humulene — Found in hops and coriander, this terpene smells woody and earthy. By adding humulene to your day cream or moisturizer, you might help boost memory function and general feelings of well-being.
- Pinene — Found in pine needles, pinecones, rosemary and sage, this terpene is renowned for memory stimulation and alertness. Add CBD rich in pinene to your toner or moisturizer to heighten your focus while also keeping calm.
- Beta-caryophyllene — Found in clove, black pepper, basil and oregano, this terpene is spicy, woody and peppery. Add CBD with this terpene to your serum, moisturizer or cleanser for a solid mood boost.
- Ocimene — Found in tea tree oil, lemon, ginger, celery, coriander and tea, this terpene is woody and citrusy, while also being fruity and tropical. Add ocimene-rich CBD to your moisturizer or serum for a burst of energy.
- Terpineol — Found in tea tree oil and pine, this terpene is uplifting, relaxing and restorative. What’s more, terpineol is known for its “breakout-busting” properties: it’s a natural antibacterial agent. Add CBD rich in this terpene to your moisturizer to keep hydrated and clean throughout the day.
If you’re looking for natural remedies to enhance your skincare routine, terpenes and CBD are a match made in heaven. Of course, the formula you choose will depend on your skin type and needs, but with so many terpenes to choose from, there’s a mixture that’s bound to fit you perfectly.
Zebra CBD: Where CBD and Skin Care Join Forces
Every person’s skin is different, so customizing your morning routine is an essential part of keeping your skin healthy, radiant and replenished. Once you figure out your skin type and what skincare regimen works best for you, consider adding CBD and terpenes to the mix.
For this secret ingredient, you’re in the right place.
At Zebra CBD, all our oils and skincare products come with our Label Accuracy Guarantee™, which means you can be sure you’re getting CBD from organic, American-grown hemp free of ̉heavy metals and unnatural pesticides, herbicides and fungicides. If you want a product specially formulated for your skin or an oil you can add to your lotion, we’ve got exactly what you’re looking for.By following this guide and enhancing your morning routine, your skin will look like the early sun — radiant, vibrant and beautiful.