Whether you’re interested in falling asleep faster, staying asleep through the night or waking up feeling ready to take on the day, hemp gummies before bed may offer a simple (and delicious) solution.
These soft-chew gummies are infused with full-spectrum CBD extract and they’re the perfect accompaniment to a late-night cup of tea.
In this guide, we’ll explore the dreamscape that is hemp gummies, taking a walk through how hemp gummies may affect your sleep habits and how to choose the right and best CBD gummies for more restful evenings.
What Are Hemp Gummies?
To put it simply, hemp gummies are part of the family of CBD edibles. They’re hemp-infused candies, crafted to bring health-sustaining benefits to adults across the country. With a variety of flavor options, these chewable supplements are a popular option for consuming hemp.
Hemp refers to strains or varieties of the cannabis plant containing less than 0.3% of the substance tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Because hemp contains almost no THC, it does not cause psychoactive effects. Instead, hemp sourced for human consumption contains cannabidiol (CBD), a multifaceted chemical compound associated with general wellness.
CBD may be linked to health benefits, including:
- Stress and mood support – Those using CBD have reported a calmer and more relaxed mood. CBD may help you stay energized and level-headed throughout your day.
- Brain health – CBD may provide memory and cognitive support and you might find yourself enjoying a daily brain boost with a CBD supplement.
- Joint health – CBD may provide support for those with aches or stiffness from exercise. If you’re interested in supporting your active lifestyle, CBD is a safe and natural option.
- Sleep support – Most importantly where this guide is concerned, CBD may help support your natural sleep, allowing you to enjoy a more regular and restful sleep schedule.
How Do Hemp Gummies Affect Sleep?
The science of CBD and hemp is far from conclusive.
It's important to note that CBD is not a medication, cure or treatment for any health problem, and specific claims related to CBD use are not always verifiable.
That said, reputable hemp CBD manufacturers are transparent and clear about the potential health-supporting benefits of their products and work to present an honest and effective product to their customers.Hemp gummies for sleep may offer the following benefits:
- Relaxation support – Hemp gummies aren’t sleeping pills, and they aren’t designed to make you instantly fall asleep with a combination of chemicals. Instead, these sleep supplements combine all-natural ingredients and potent CBD to encourage relaxation.
- Mental clarity – Our racing thoughts and stressors can often keep us up far later than we’d like. CBD may provide a boost in mental clarity and mood to help you avoid the thoughts that keep you up at night.
- Sleep support – CBD and other natural ingredients in hemp gummies are designed to stimulate and support your body's natural sleep cycle, encouraging a more restful night’s sleep.
What to Look For in Your Dream Hemp Gummies
When shopping for a sleep gummy for bedtime, you’ll find a plethora of options. Like any product, all hemp gummies are not the same, and where some manufacturers excel at crafting a high-quality product, others may leave you wanting more.
As such, consider these two factors when searching for quality hemp gummies.
#1 Manufacturing information
Before chomping into a chewy CBD treat, you might want to learn a little bit about the manufacturer’s process. Not only can the manufacturing information help you determine the effectiveness of CBD products, but it can also assure you of the safety and legitimacy of a product.
Key information to look for includes:
- American grown – Where your hemp extract comes from can be an important sign of quality. By sourcing hemp products grown and processed in the US, you’ll be ensuring a higher level of oversight and quality control.
- Certification – Reputable CBD manufacturers often look to have their products vetted by an independent third party lab. A certificate of analysis (COA), can be issued by an accredited laboratory, verifying the chemical composition of any CBD products from extract labs. This assurance ensures that a product contains what it says it contains.
- Extraction technique – Depending on the production and product, CBD companies may need to perform more complex extractions to remove the active CBD from plant matter. Check to see if a manufacturer is forthcoming about its extraction techniques.
- Quality formula – Avoid inactive and artificial ingredients. Ideally, hemp gummies should be tasty and easy to digest while prioritizing bioavailability, allowing your body to metabolize the CBD so you can begin to enjoy the positive effects.
Some hemp and CBD companies may even offer specialized guarantees, staking their name and reputation on their products. As always, it’s best to seek out businesses that are forthcoming and direct when you shop CBD products.
#2 Sleep-Friendly Ingredients
Not all hemp gummies are specially formulated to aid quality sleep. There are a variety of effective CBD formulations on the market, and when seeking out sleep-specific gummies, look for the following ingredient combinations:
- Melatonin – A popular sleep-aid supplement on its own, melatonin is a hormone naturally made in the body and designed to regulate sleep. Taken in the form of a supplement or nighttime gummy, melatonin has been linked to better sleep and could have similar effects when combined with CBD.
- CBN – Closely related to CBD, CBN is another non-psychoactive compound found in the cannabis plant. CBN may offer similar benefits to CBD and is thought to contribute specifically to sleep support.
Hemp gummies are also manufactured with various sweeteners and thickening agents to create their sweet taste and gummy texture. Opt for gummies manufactured with plant-based sweeteners and flavors for a high-quality, all-natural experience.
You can even enjoy vegan gummies by shopping for products made from pectin instead of gelatin. Today, there’s no dietary reason to miss out on the benefits of hemp gummies.
What Are The Different “Spectrums” of CBD?
If you’ve already begun to explore CBD gummy solutions, you may have come across phrases related to the “spectrum” of CBD products.
These terms can be confusing to those new to CBD and hemp products. Knowing which “spectrum” hemp gummy is best for you could take some time, but with the following explanations, you can begin your journey with the knowledge you need.
Explore these three common categories of CBD products:
- Isolate – This is CBD and CBD alone. Isolate extractions of CBD contain no other cannabinoids (such as THC or CBN). If you’re looking for a product that strictly delivers CBD without any other ingredients. CBD isolates frequently come in oils, powders or crystals and are rarely if ever available in gummy form.
- Full-spectrum – You’ll need a full-spectrumCBD product to get fatty acids, terpenes and cannabinoids. Full-spectrum CBD may offer unique benefits due to the large variety of chemical compounds contained in it. That said, full-spectrum products also contain trace amounts of THC — not enough to cause psychoactive effects but potentially enough to be detected through various tests.
- Broad-spectrum – A perfect in-between, broad-spectrum CBD products offer all the hemp plant benefits of full-spectrum products, minus the THC. This means you can enjoy various cannabinoids, without ingesting any THC.
Are Hemp Gummies Legal?
The legality of hemp gummies can be complex. Not only has recent federal legislation changed, but state-by-state regulations are constantly shifting, too. If you’re concerned about the legality of any CBD product, consider investigating your state's specific regulations.
Fortunately, there are some blanket guidelines for hemp and CBD products that you can consider, including:
- 0.3% or less – The magic number for all CBD products is 0.3. All CBD products that contain 0.3% or less THC are considered federally legal in the US. Any product with a higher level of THC is not legal according to federal regulations — though state-by-state laws will vary.
- Age restrictions – Typically, there is no age restriction for purchasing hemp gummies. Other CBD products — including flower or vape products — are often restricted to people 18 years or older.
- No prescription – No doctor's visits or prescriptions are necessary to purchase CBD products including hemp gummies.
How To Maximize Hemp Gummies Effectiveness
Before you take your first gummy, you’re going to want to make sure it’s effective. Because the effects of hemp and CBD are often subtle, you may not initially know whether or not your sleep gummies are working.
To maximize your hemp gummies' potential effectiveness, consider the following factors for your CBD dosage:
- Weight and size – To ensure your CBD dosage is effective, be sure to consider your body mass and weight. The correct amount for your body may not be the same for someone with a different body mass. Luckily, many manufacturers can assist in guiding you to the proper amount for your size.
- Take them at the right time – CBD gummies are great nighttime gummies if you take them at the right time. If you wait too long to take your CBD sleep gummies, you may be tossing and turning, waiting for its effects to take hold. On the other hand, if you take your CBD gummy too early, you may start to feel the effects before you cuddle into bed. As such, try to take your hemp gummies about 30 minutes before bedtime to help improve your chances of better sleep.
- Consistency – You may enjoy more positive effects by taking specific sleep CBD gummies regularly. Not only can they continue to promote wellness with daily use, but they may also be more effective when taken at the same time each day.
Zebra CBD: Your Source For Quality Gummies
Hemp gummies can be a great way to help you enjoy a restful, restorative evening. They’re also great nighttime gummies for quality sleep. If you’re ready to try the wellness-boosting benefits of hemp gummies or are curious to try another powerful CBD solution like CBD oil, browse Zebra CBD’s collection today to shop CBD.
With our Sleep CBD + CBN Gummies or CBD Sleep Support Tablets, you can gift yourself with a more pleasant evening, better sleep and a more energized morning. If you’re looking for even more support, consider our CBD Health & Vitality Tablets or our line of topical CBD options. At Zebra CBD, we’re offering all the benefits of CBD, made easy.
Web MD. What Is Melatonin? https://webmd.com/sleep-disorders/what-is-melatonin
FDA. Smart Regulation of Products Containing Cannabis or Cannabis-Derived Compounds, specifically cannabidiol (CBD). https://fda.gov/media/128474/download
Web MD. CBD vs CBN: What’s The Difference? https://webmd.com/pain-management/cbd-cbn-what-is-difference