You’ve heard about CBD’s popularity, you understand its benefits, and now it’s time to give it a try. But when’s the best time to take CBD? Well, that depends on you and your wellness goals.
- If your goal is to improve your sleep health, adding a dose of CBD oil to your evening tea an hour before bedtime can help you drift off into nourishing slumber.
- If you’re striving to maintain a sense of calm and inner peace throughout a long and hectic workday, taking a CBD gummy after you sit down at your desk can help you feel balanced all day long.
- If you want to help your sore muscles find pain relief after a tough workout, massaging CBD rub into areas of discomfort after your post-exercise shower can help you feel restored.
The beauty of CBD is its ability to work with your wellness aspirations andyour schedule. Below, we’ll review how to best utilize its full range of possibilities and incorporate it into your wellness routine. You’ll quickly realize that the best time of day to take CBD oil is dependent solely on your preferences, routine and wellness goals.
When Is the Best Time to Take CBD?
The best time to take CBD depends on your personal wellness goals and method of intake. Below are some common wellness goals that CBD can help you pursue.
Achieve a Sense of Zen Throughout Your Day
Do you want to start each day off the rightway? Want to add a little pep in your step?
Many CBD users prefer to supplement their morning routine with CBD. Some even use it in lieu of coffee, seeing as there are no caffeine jitters. Common ways to do this include:
- Try taking a CBD mint once your day begins and let it dissolve slowly. This will increase absorption time and thus prolong the effects of CBD, so you can enjoy them throughout the day.
- Stir a little CBD oil into your morning coffee or tea with some cream. The fats in the cream will help your body absorb more CBD. You can also blend a dosage into your favorite smoothie recipe to start your day off with wellness.
- After your morning shower, take a moment to massage some CBD moisturizing cream or CBD roll-on into your skin. You’ll nourish your skin and feel calm and uplifted all day long.
- In a rush? Some CBD users need their CBD on the go. CBD gummies are easy to transport and taste delicious. Simply pop one in your mouth and you’re set.
This whole-body wellness support helps you stay focused and active all day long.
Relax and Enjoy Free Time
After a long day, you may have a hard time shaking off troublesome thoughts and the seemingly endless to-do list in your mind. Sometimes, you just need some help relaxing.
To loosen up a little, place a dose of CBD oil under your tongue as soon as you get home. You’ll feel your worries melt away.
Or, if you struggle to immerse yourself in relaxation or moments of indulgence, try adding CBD oil to a treat like a milkshake or cup of cocoa before you kick off your afternoon or weekend leisure time.
You’ll find it’s easier to enjoy yourself than ever!
Encourage Relief and Recovery in Sore Muscles After a Workout
Are you an athlete? Training for a marathon? Simply trying to stay in shape?
Regardless of your activity level, a good workout should leave you feeling a goodkind of sore. But sometimes, exercise-induced inflammation can cause real discomfort or pain, making it difficult to:
- focus at work.
- enjoy your free time.
- sleep at night.
- train the next day.
CBD can help you supercharge your recovery process, so you can train harder and more frequently.
Want to take your training regimen to the next level? Try supplementing your workout routine with the following:
- If you’re a fan of pre-workout shakes or smoothies, add a dosage of CBD oil to your favorite blend and enjoy before your workout.
- After a vigorous workout routine, your muscles may feel sore and worn out. Incorporate a CBD balm or roll-on muscle gel into your cool-down stretches so you can work the replenishing effects of CBD into targeted areas of your body.
- Practice self-care after your post-workout shower. Massage moisturizing CBD lotion into your skin to help encourage all-over pain relief and recovery.
All of this pre- and post-workout maintenance can support you in achieving your fitness goals.
Enhance Your Focus and Energy Levels
Do you get hit hard by the mid-afternoon slump? Because of our circadian rhythm, most everyone experiences a period of sleepiness or decreased alertness in the afternoon. Instead of relying on coffee or an energy drink to help you get over the hump, try one of the following:
- A peppermint-infused CBD mint can awaken your mind and encourage energy and focus for long hours on difficult projects or endless task lists. Because a mint is absorbed through the thin skin of the mouth, you can experience a focus boost that lasts well after your mint dissolves.
- Try a CBD energy shot formulated with organic hemp extract and packed with focus-improving B vitamins. Enjoy this shot about 15-60 minutes before it’s time to buckle down and tackle the challenges of the day.
Say goodbye to less healthy energy products and hello to a nutritious CBD alternative.
Promote a More Nourishing Sleep
Many people have trouble falling asleep at night. They toss and turn, their brains running wild. Or they have trouble sleeping due to aches and soreness.
If you’re having issues catching some Z’s, try a CBD sleep tablet containing calming herbs like chamomile or Valerian root 30 minutes before bed. Another option is to unwind with a cup of hot chocolate or rooibos or mintherbal tea for relieving body aches and pains. Enhance the calming effect by mixing CBD oil into your beverage.
When it comes to comparing CBD vs. THC, THC can offer these calming benefits as well. However, CBD delivers these benefits without the mind-altering effect associated with THC, which is why many users prefer CBD to support their daily wellness goals.
How Long Does It Take to Feel the Effects of CBD?
Learning how long it takes to start experiencing CBD’s effects can help you figure out exactly what time is right for you to take CBD.
The method of CBD intake affects how long it takes for CBD’s restorative properties to work. CBD is “transported” into your ECS through different mediums — sometimes through creams or lotions, sometimes through oils or foods. The body has to break down those substances to get to the CBD, and some of these take longer to break down than others.
Here are just a few ways the body can absorb CBD along with specifics on how long it takes for CBD to work:
- sublingually – Some like to take CBD oil sublingually or under the tongue. Why? The skin under your tongue is quite thin, meaning it’s very close to the bloodstream. By placing a few drops of CBD oil under your tongue, holding the oil for 60 seconds, then swallowing the remaining oil, you give your body ample opportunity to soak up that CBD. When using a CBD oil sublingually, it might take 15-60 minutes to feel the effect.
topically – The cannabinoids CBD in topical CBD products like lotions or balms accesses the ECS through the layers of your skin. Researchers have discovered a high concentration of cannabinoid receptors — an integral part of the ECS — in the skin. This gives CBD direct access to helping support the ECS. But because the skin of your body tends to be muchthicker than the skin underneath your tongue, it usually takes longer to make it into the bloodstream. If you’re using a CBD balm, rub, roll-on or cream, you can typically experience CBD’s benefits within a few minutes after application.
- through foods and tablets – When ingesting an edible CBD product, your body needs time to break down the food or tablet particles to get to the good stuff. If you’re enjoying a CBD edible or tablet, you may feel the soothing benefits of CBD between 30 minutes and 2 hours after ingestion.
Pay Attention to How Your Body Reacts
Often the best indicator of the right CBD routine is your own body. Try experimenting with different CBD timing, intake methods and products to find the best CBD schedule for you. But be sure to pay attention to the signals from your body as you do.
Also, remember that it takes time for your body to adapt to the positive effects of CBD. Be patient and give it a few weeks before you make a decision or settle on a regular schedule.
The bottom line is this: It’s really up to you. Figure out what works best for your personal wellness journey and then stick with it.
Perfect Your CBD Timing and Use With Zebra CBD
The benefits of CBD are vast, and so are the product options and applications. However, this combination of variety and flexibility doesn’t have to feel like a chore — especially when you know you’re investing in high-quality, third-party tested, hemp-derived CBD products from Zebra CBD.So when is the best time to take CBD oil? We can’t give you a definitive answer. But we can offer you the best CBD oil products and guide you toward a solution that dovetails with your wellness goals! From there, you’ll be able to set your own optimal schedule.